Pages

Thursday 30 April 2015

Him. (to my brother going into the navy)

I can’t breath.

My hands are sweaty.

Unfocused girl.

What have you done to me?

I never knew I could get this way.

But yet I show it today.

Every time I close my eyes-

His face and death arrive.

The bombs blast the tears run.

Why did this have to come?

Yet he has not left,

But fear strikes my heart.

This may be the last time i see him.

Our world is split apart.

The pain

The pain

When he leaves.

No one notices…

he’s taking me.

he comes home ignoring the past.

How can we get over it that fast?

The blood

the gore

the unsettled scores.

Why did you have to go into war?

Hes a savior

Hes great

he saved millions from an airplane

yet he saw-

the darkness that held.

In the battle field and wells.

Yes he is not gone.

he still lives at home.

But I know the future awaiting him-

will make him so strong.

I cry every night.

When I think about his death.

the letter at our door.

The front steps.

The grief it would be.

The yelling screams.

All because he wanted to be in the navy.

I will miss him.

I will cry for him.

But that does not mean hes missin’

He will still be here.

Somewhere in my heart.

I love him

And forever will.

Even when hes gone.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment