Pages

Tuesday 28 April 2015

Memories

I flip through the book of my greatest memories. A tear falls from my eye as I look at my daughter. She was was only four in this picture. It was the Ester Day of 1994. Now shes 22 and still growing. She has a bachelors degree in writing and had her first book was published last year. She is engaged to her boyfriend Maxwell, and they are getting married this December.

I never thought time would go so fast. I remember when I was her age and all I wanted to do is move on. I wanted my life to come faster, and when I was thirteen I was always the one to beg for school to come back in the middle of July. My brother and I always used to be the first to get out school supplies.

I remember in my backpack I always had one book that I kept. It was called Lost in Love and War’s Of Hate. I loved the book so much I would read it over and over again. The first sentience was my favorite. The words would just put me in a mood so amazing I could never describe it. As even now I can repeat those words. “Glistening snow of December felt like the softest dream as it fell to the ground slowly making no sound but only shinning in the cold sun.” The words were so enchanting to me, that every time I read them I only felt more at peace.

Days would go on and everyday I looked back into that book looking at the best memories. The day I got married, the day Bailey was born, or the day she went to collage. My fifth birthday, my tenth Christmas Eve. My second date, and all the others. Everything is so perfect that I just fall in love with the memories all over again.

But as time went on I grew more frail and older but I still looked at every memory for a minuet or two. Each book took me hours to go through remembering everything. As soon my time was nearing and all I wanted to do was say good-bye. Say good-bye to every-one still here, and say hello to everyone above. To hold the memories tight and never let them go.

Because to me, memories are what keeps us going. All the memories stay… And when I take my last breath my life goes right before me, not flashing but flipping through. Showing all the memories I had in the books until it ended with the perfect words. “Glistening Snow Of This December Awaits You”


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment